Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Windy Here in the Windy City!




Hello from Naperville! We made it... the long journey from California is over and we are in our new apartment. Our furniture arrived yesterday and I was so happy to have my bed back that I slept for 9 hours last night. I haven't slept that long since we left LA. I was pretty tuckered out from the trip. I met so many new people! I never knew I had that many relatives. I think I was a hit. Everyone seemed to think I was pretty cute.

Well, the airplane was pretty interesting. I slept the entire trip. Mommy said I was a very good boy. She thought it went really well until we got to Des Moines and the airlines had broke my stroller. No one would help her carry all our stuff, so she was pretty mad. Then randomly we ran into Susan Sarandon in the Des Moines airport. My first celebrity sighting! Mommy thought it was ironic that we leave LA and see a celebrity in Des Moines.

When we first got to Chicago, we stayed in a hotel. I pretty much just watched t.v. and talked on the phone the entire time. Daddy said I am developing bad habits already. Now that we are in our new apartment, we don't have t.v. yet, so I am playing with all my toys. It's so nice to be in our new home. I hope I meet new friends here. Aunt Greta stayed with us a few days and helped us move some stuff. She wasn't going to stay as long as she did, but she kept saying she was "transportation impaired". After trying to leave on a train and a then a bus, she finally rented a car today. I think she's on her way home unless she's still impaired. I guess we'll find out soon.

Well, this is my first of many adventures in my new town of Chicago! I'll keep you updated on all the trouble I get into.

Love,
Avery

p.s. Happy Birthday Aunt Katie!!

1 comment:

Amy and Jeremy said...

well hello baby aves!
we miss and love you very much! we can't believe how big you are getting and so handsome too! hope you like your new home. my mama (aka your auntie amo) used to live in chicago and she thought it was a pretty cool place.

lots of baby love,

camden j