Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New and Exciting Things!


Berlin looks pretty in bows


Very proud of my swimming trunks!


Kisses from Deedah


Don't take my picture, Mama!


Fun at the pool!


Eating food in a high chair like a big girl!


I insisted on wearing a onesie to bed. My parents thought it was funny.


Can't stop me from sitting!

Hi everyone! Lots of things are going on here. I am starting to settle in and feel more comfortable in our new home and schedule. I have stopped my hitting and biting and am a very lovey boy again! I just needed a little extra love and assurance during our transition. I'm liking my new room. It's bigger and I have lots of toys to play with in my room. I discovered some new ones that I had forgotten about, so I'm having fun with those. I also love to play baseball! Mama has been playing catch with me in the kitchen and I love it! Although Madi tries to take the ball away and that makes me mad, so I discovered if I lock her in the laundry room that she can't steal the ball away from me. Mama and Deedah always let her out, though. They think I'm very smart, but I shouldn't be mean to Madi. Fine. I've also gotten back to where I was in my potty training! This is very good news! I still have a few accidents, but I'll get there. Potty training is a process, ya know!

Berlin is changing every day! First off, she had her 6 month wellness visit. We like our new pediatrician. She is very nice and spent a lot of time with us and was very thorough. Berlin is long and lean (well still a chunky baby) like me. She's just under 16 lbs! She's in the 50th percentile for weight and 71st percentile for length and very healthy! Mama went back and compared her weight to me when I was 6 months old and was surprised at the difference. I was a full 2 lbs heavier and 2-1/2 inches longer. Crazy! I guess she's a girl, though. Berlin also started on solids in the past week or so. First off was rice, and now she's added sweet potatoes and bananas. She's kinda funny. At first she makes a funny face and acts like she doesn't like the food, but after a few bites, she can't get enough! She's eating 3 times a day now. Such a big girl! She's also sitting. She's still a little wobbly, but doing really good. She likes to talk like me, too. Can you blame her? She's saying dada (Deedah is so proud!), baba, and something that sounds like nnnnguh. It's very cute. I am really enjoying hanging out with my little sister. I love to give her hugs and kisses, and I like to feed her and help with her baths. I'm such a proud big brother!

In other news, Mama is still looking for a job. Berlin and I get to go play with some other kids while she interviews, so we are liking it. It's fun and gets us out of the house and we get to meet other kids our age! The caretakers are very nice and think we are just the happiest kids around.

That's all for now. Talk to ya soon!
Hugs and kisses,
Avery (and my favorite lil sis Berlin)

No comments: